OEM, Manufacturer, EMS etc
Panasonic has recently been designated India as regional hub to drive growth and build deeper inroads into the fast emerging Asiatic, Middle Eastern and Western economies. Starting from India, the company wants to create a knowhow to address consumers who are based out of India and then take the knowledge to emerging markets. India is the sixth strategic region which will take care of SAARC nations, Middle East Asia and Africa. Panasonic will aggressively and strategically invest in market research and product innovation and will recruit/bring the best of global talent using its in-house open application system and work in areas like energy, water, remote access and food.
Our commitment at Panasonic is to provide a ‘Better life’ for our consumers and contribute to creating a ‘Better World’ around them. The requirement of our audience differs across geographies and therefor technological solutions have to be customized to the local environment. With this philosophy we intend to provide solutions that are made in India for the Indians, across business and consumer sectors.
India is at the cusp of change, and is being recognized as one of the most influential markets globally. With more than half of India’s population under the age of 25 India has a rapidly expanding youth segment. The country also boasts of a dynamic social and cultural fabric. Taking into account these unique local conditions, Panasonic is now looking at India as a priority market. Taking from our legacy, we will continue to provide solutions which will now be fueled by our ‘Indovation’ strategy, of weaving local solutions to our global approach.
• Panasonic Appliances (PAPIN): Established in 1988 for manufacture, import, marketing and sales of kitchen appliances and small domestic appliances. PAPIN is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• Panasonic AVC India [PAVCI]: Established in 1996, for manufacturer of CRT TVs and LCDs. PAVCI is based in Noida, UP
• Panasonic Energy India [PECIN]: Established in 1972, for manufacture and sales of dry cell batteries. PECIN is based in Baroda, Gujarat.
• Panasonic Carbon India [PCIN]: Established in 1982, for manufacture and sales of carbon rods. PCIN is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
• Anchor Electricals: Headquartered in Mumbai, Anchor electrical Private Limited started nearly five decades ago and became a subsidiary of Panasonic Electric Works (now Panasonic Corporation) in 2007. It is one of the largest domestic manufacturers of electrical construction materials with 4 manufacturing locations and boasts of 55 domestic bases and has employee strength of 10,004. Its sales and operating profit are steadily growing and it ended the last financial year with net sales of Rupees 13.5 billion and a stated capital of Rupees 4.8 Billion. It has a dominant market share in wiring devices and it is constantly expanding its product range and growing market share in Circuit Breakers, Lighting and Luminaries, Fans and Wires/Cables. Anchor aims to double this in the next three years from the existing and some new product categories.
• Firepro Systems Pvt. Ltd: Incorporated in 1992, Firepro Systems has been at the forefront of integrated solutions for fire protection, security and building management systems Fire Alarm and Detection, Fire Suppression, Access Control, Video Surveillance, Intrusion Alarm, Building Management Systems. It is present in 14 locations across India.
Panasonic India Pvt. Ltd.
Panasonic makes available in India its wide range of consumer electronics, home appliances like LCD & Plasma TVs, DVD players, Home Theatre Systems, Smartphones, Cameras, Camcorders, Car Audio Systems, Air Conditioners, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Microwave Ovens, Automatic Cookers, Vacuum Cleaners and a wide range of system products including communication ones like Mobile Phones, High Definition Videoconferencing, Professional Audio Video products like Broadcast Cameras, Projectors and Displays, Business Solutions including Printers, Whiteboards and Security Solutions. Panasonic has aggressively focuses on market research, product innovation and talent hiring in India for work in areas like energy, water, remote access and food. The company currently has a workforce of about 12,500 in India.